In life, you need to make several choices. People are awash with hard decisions starting from the dilemma of choosing a business course or pursuing medicine. They are confronted with the daily problem of picking the ideal viand for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For teeth straightening, technological advances made people’s selection process even more difficult. The progress in the field of dentistry gave way for the creation of the greatest rival of traditional braces, Invisalign. Which one is best for you? Let us at Creating Smiles help you sort things out.
The conventional type of braces is the typical resort for people who wish to straighten their teeth. The orthodontic appliance is famous for its metal brackets and wires composition. Braces are adjusted and tightened every month by the dentist.
Pros Of Traditional Braces
Here are the fantastic things about conventional braces that patients can take advantage:
- People who prefer traditional braces to align their teeth and bites will find it easy to acquire the orthodontic device as many dental professionals include the treatment in their practice.
- Patients can customize their braces by picking colorful elastics and rubber bands.
- It is not hard to achieve a quicker treatment time if the wearer properly observes the dentist’s instructions.
- Traditional braces impressively mend mild to severe orthodontic cases.
Cons Of Traditional Braces
These are the downsides of metal braces:
- Not all are qualified to get traditional braces. For instance, those with unhealthy gums are not good candidates for the treatment.
- Braces unpleasantly affect a person’s smile aesthetics.
- Wearers of traditional braces may struggle in munching foods.
Clear aligners are actually a product of advanced technology. One of the sought-after brands of removable teeth straightening trays nowadays is Invisalign. These aligners are meant to be worn by patients 20 to 22 hours per day.
Pros Of Invisalign
The benefits of Invisalign include the following:
- It is more convenient to brush and floss the teeth as Invisalign trays are completely removable.
- Clear aligners are invisible.
- Patients are not restricted to eat the foods that they love. They can always take out the device from their mouths when eating to prevent it from being damaged.
- The dentist does not oblige patients to go back to the clinic every month for adjustments.
Cons Of Invisalign
Here are the disadvantages of clear aligners:
- Since the oral appliance is detachable, misplacing it is possible.
- It is much costly than traditional braces.
- Invisalign can only fix mild to moderate teeth issues.
We at Creating Smiles also have other orthodontic options for patients. They can avail of our ceramic braces, ClearCorrect, Six Month Smiles, and retainers. To know if either traditional braces and Invisalign suits you, do not hesitate to talk to our dentist.
The road to straighter and healthier teeth begins with an orthodontic appointment. If you’re looking for Orthodontic Services in Lutz, FL, contact us at Creating Smiles and schedule an appointment. We’ll make sure to answer any other questions you might have.